Finance Branch is the financial shared services centre for the Department, the Defence Forces, the Office of the Ombudsman for the DF and the Army Pensions Board. It provides Finance, Accounting, Payroll and Pensions services.
The Branch’s mission is to make timely and accurate payments in respect of payroll and pensions and payments for supplies and services; and to ensure proper accounting for all expenditure from the Defence and Army Pension Votes. It is also responsible for the coordination of all activities associated with preparation and implementation of Financial Management Shared Services in the Department.
The Branch’s main responsibilities include:
- providing financial advice and support to the Defence Organisation;
- co-ordinating the preparation of the Defence and Army Pensions Estimates (budgets) and reporting and monitoring of expenditure,
- maintaining appropriate financial records of all payments and receipts and preparing the Department’s annual financial accounts,
- the processing and payment of all accounts for goods and services provided to the Department and the Defence Forces,
- preparation, authorisation and notification of all Defence Forces Payroll amendments to the National Shared Services Office (NSSO),
- the formulation of pensions policy and the administration of pensions and other benefits to retired members of the Defence Forces and the dependants of deceased personnel.
Click here to view our accounts.
Click here to view our Prompt Payment Policy.