Click here to view our Data Protection Policy
We are the Department of Defence, a central Government Department whose high-level goal is to provide for the military defence of the State, contribute to national and international peace and security and fulfil all other roles assigned by Government.
Our main functions are:
- Provide timely and relevant policy and military advice;
- Contribute to national and international security and defence policy;
- Enhance cross-cutting policy collaboration;
- Administration matters for the Department of Defence and the Defence Forces;
- Implementation of the White Paper on Defence 2015.
The Department of Defence takes the privacy of your personal data seriously and is committed to protecting and processing data in a fair and transparent manner. This Privacy Notice is to provide you with information about the types of personal data we process and how we process it under Data Protection legislation.
By clicking the links below, you can read further about the types of personal data processed, the purposes and legal basis to process and how data is shared.
Responding to requests
We are obliged to respond to your request within one calendar month. If however we are unable to respond to your request within this period, we may extend for a further two months. We will send you a written explanation of the reasons for any extension.
Changes to this notice
We may update our Data Privacy Notice from time to time and to ensure compliance with legal requirements.